Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Third Month...

Well, Charlotte is almost three months old. CRAZY. Time has been flying yet standing still...I don't know how else to describe it. Though I did return to work briefly in late August, I have been able to spend most of Charlotte's first three months at home with her. OK, well with her and Piper, Moosie, and that jerk Caesar (dog, cat, and cat respectively). Being a stay at home mom has been amazing. I am exhausted for sure, but I'm so grateful that I could stay home this long. I feel ambivalent about returning to work--I look forward to teaching my students and working with my colleagues, yet who wouldn't want to stay home with their kid? I'm glad I like my job, or returning to work would be a lot more painful. We found a wonderful daycare provider, Mommy C, and Charlotte will be in excellent hands while we are on the job.

The latest, you ask? Well, she has been awake more during the day and sleeping through the night (5-6 hours usually) which has been WONDERFUL. She is really into her Baby Einstein light up toy that plays classical music and she also likes her Puppy Tunes toy (a stuffed dog toy with musical legs--squeeze and they play a note). She is also cooing big time. The other night I came into the house to find James and Charlotte howling like coyotes. As James went, "Ow-ooooooh..." Charlotte responded with, "Ah-ohhhhhh..." Precious. She is also laughing and smiling which makes makes my day everyday. Below I have included some pictures of her hanging out, playing, and practicing polite conversation.


James using Charlotte's burp cloth as a nun's hat.


Talking with Charlotte (as Puppy Tunes looks on).


Talking face number one...



Talking face number two, trying to use the tongue...



Talking face number three, the howl...



Charlotte and Puppy Tunes.



Charlotte punching her Puppy Tunes. Bad doggie.

No comments: